Shhh... Don't Tell The Children

Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 by Jaxon S

Sometimes I wish I had the ignorance of a child who can't think of nothing else except to enjoy a flight, no matter how rough it might be. I still remember my first flight; about how excited I was with the prospect of being high up there among the clouds -- something I had long wished for.

It's a different story now -- I wish I could avoid a flight but that seems impossible simply because it has become a necessity to fly every now and then because the job requires me to do so.

Which brings me to the subject of whether it is proper to discuss about aviophobia within the earshot of the children. But my guess is, we'd better not. Let the children enjoy the flight for as long as they could -- for a lifetime if possible -- and never to be bothered by all the worries of an aviophobic.

And because of that I think I had made mistakes by talking infront of the children about how afraid I was during a particularly rough flight. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have tainted the ignorance of a child about the possibility of a flight being in danger.

I am now worried that I had unwittingly cultivated the fear of flying on the child concerned who had just discovered how exciting it is to be flying.

I guess I had better check my mouth and while I was at it, check my fear as well.

0 Responses to "Shhh... Don't Tell The Children":