Can You Blog Away Fear of Flying?

Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 by Jaxon S

I don't know about you but in my case, blogging about my fear of flying helps to relieve some of the anxiety.

I used to fly frequently and it was during those times that I started this blog to share my experience in dealing with the fear of flying. Now that I no longer fly as often, I have also stopped blogging regularly.

As you can see in the archive, there is only one entry in the whole of 2007 and only two last year.

Fear of flying is returning

Now, I will have to fly again and the prospect of having to board an airplane is making me all jittery. There will be four flights of about two hours and 30 minutes each which I am going to take within this next 10 weeks; and even as I type this I could feel the sense of apprehension growing in me.

The anxiety is now returning. It can be argued that this could be due to the fact that I have not flown for quite sometime.

But based on my experience, frequent flying will not help ease the anxiety. If one already has the fear, it will stay with the person no matter how many times you fly a week. The only thing that can help to relieve the fear is to deal with it mentally.

How to deal with the fear of flying?

I wish I could provide the answer but based on my experience in dealing with aviophobia -- a weird name for a fear -- we can help ease the tension by dealing with it head on.

My way of head-on dealing is to read extensively about the topic, learn all I can about flight safety and then discuss about it in this blog.

Sometimes, for a strange reason, I do look forward to the prospect of flying because I would then have the materials to blog about.

I guess, if you can melt the ice caps by performing searches on Google (Google has refuted this, here), then perhaps you can also blog away the fear of flying.

0 Responses to "Can You Blog Away Fear of Flying?":