Afraid To Fly

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 by Jaxon S

I am afraid to fly. I hope by blogging on this I can banish my ghost! Here I shall try to document issues about flight scare from the point of view of a man who is afraid of flying but nevertheless had to fly frequently.

Let's start with the definition. Anyone in the know what is the phobiatic term for someone who is afraid to fly?

UPDATE SEPT 2: Ah, it's called Aviophobia. Wikipedia has a an extensive explaination of the syndrome. It also listed among the notable people who suffer from it, including: Isaac Asimov, Dennis Bergkamp, Doris Day, The Dalai Lama, David Eddings, Aretha Franklin, Jackie Gleason, Jackie Jensen, Kim Jong-Il, Stanley Kubrick, Li Ao, Loretta Lynn, John Madden, Alan Price, Matthew Sweet, Billy Bob Thornton, Agnetha Fältskog, Wayne Coyne and Lars von Trier.

0 Responses to "Afraid To Fly":