Flying Again

Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 by Jaxon S


Bandar Maharani, Johor, Malaysia
I am flying again today, to the north, that is. It's just a short flight by A330 and to tell you the truth, I am looking forward to it. I don't feel apprehensive at all about the flight I am to take at 1.30pm from Changi Airport to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).

That is not to say I've overcome my fear of flying. I guess it's still there only this time there's something inside that makes me want to enjoy the flight. Afterall it's just a 55-minute flight, including the time taken to taxi to and from the runway on both ends of the journey.

I guess it's just a mood swing. As I've come to realise, fear manifests itself in a varying intensity. I can have no fear of flying in one day, and completely freak out in another. In fact, there were days I can become jittery just by thinking about a flight. Mind you, I can become afraid to fly even when my feet are planted firmly on the ground. That's quite irrational, to say the least.

If I can become irrational on the ground, heck I can become irrational on the air. I guess, most fears are irrational, I can tell you that much. Anyway, subject to clearance from the air traffic controller, I should already be lounging around KLIA by 2.30pm.

0 Responses to "Flying Again":